About The Health & Beauty Association
Founded in 1969, the H&BA is a ‘not for profit’ trade association for senior sales and marketing executives of health and beauty brand suppliers in the UK.
For over 50 years we have provided a unique forum for members to debate and discuss how our industry should adapt and develop to meet the changing consumer and customer needs of the day.
Health and Beauty is a dynamic and diverse industry, worth over £5 billion annually in the UK, encompassing products from analgesics and nutritional supplements to organic makeup and toiletries.
Health and Beauty is an industry facing rapid change as informed consumers look to take greater ownership of their health and beauty needs. At the same time, the government is encouraging the public to recognise massive generational healthcare shifts including the “obesity timebomb” and the challenges of dementia care for the elderly.
Health and Beauty combine to relate to the individual consumer as a wellness proposition – being healthy and feeling good.
- Inspire thought leadership that meets the changing needs of customers, consumers and shoppers, through regular health and beauty industry networking events
- Provide leading industry insights to senior sales and marketing professionals of member companies within the UK health & beauty industry
- Encourage proactive communication amongst retailers, wholesalers and suppliers by encouraging active participation at meetings and seminars
- Provide leadership and professional development opportunities to our members through provision of thought-leader seminar sessions
- To curate a programme of 3 full-day seminars annually, in a cost-effective way
The Health and Beauty Association is a “not for profit” organisation managed in strict adherence to competition and compliance regulations. A competition lawyer is in attendance at every H&BA seminar.